Next Sunday’s Service
Sunday Morning Services
The Rev. Aaron Norris
The Rev. Aaron Norris will be live at Third Street Center for our annual water communion on Sunday, Sept. 19. Learn more about Rev. Norris on this page. You can also watch our services on Facebook. Rev. Aaron will be joining us in person on the 2nd Sunday of each month through the 2021-22 church year. You can find the schedule for both in-person and online Sunday morning services in "Upcoming Events" directly below this paragraph.
Social Justice at TRUU
|TRUU's climate service mentioned a fossil fuel divestment petition to the City of Aspen; here's the link for it. In addition to holding monthly social justice services, TRUU works with Extended Table and participates in the Mountain Voices Project. We have used our parsonage to provide sanctuary. We also participate in campaigns of the Unitarian Universalist Association and the UU Service Committee.|
- Practicing Gratitude This Holiday Season: A Message from UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray November 23, 2021Susan Frederick-Gray However you celebrate, holidays and rituals are an invitation for reflection. They remind us of our past, and they also invite us to be attentive to the present moment. Practicing gratitude helps us all to be intentional in naming the gifts that surround us, reminding us that we are loved and we all share […]
- Following Indigenous Leadership, UUs Join Major Climate Action in D.C. November 3, 2021Elaine McArdle People v. Fossil Fuels Demands Biden Stop New Projects
- I Am Called to Show Up for Climate Justice November 3, 2021I am a college student, but more urgently, I am a young Unitarian Universalist working to save my future.
- Guest Speaker Laura Bartels- Live In-Person Service at Third Street Center 12/05/2021
- Every holiday season is a time when the precious potentials as well as the fragility and divides of relationships can become more visible. The message of love resounds loudly in [...]
- "The Burn Unit" - Live Homecoming Service with Rev. Aaron Norris 12/12/2021
- IN-PERSON & ZOOM SERVICES: Our 10 am, Sunday morning service is always accessible via Zoom, and at least once a month, we meet in person. The in-person services are always [...]
- Solstice Celebration - Live Sunday Morning at Third Street 12/19/2021
- Come celebrate the shortest day of the year and the return of the light as TRUU's winter solstice returns to Third Street Center in Carbondale. As in past years, child-and-family-friendly [...]
Why I Like TRUU…
Having been raised with no particular spiritual upbringing, I am grateful to have found this place where people are building a beloved community of compassion, justice and acceptance, both here and in the wider world. I love and am grateful to this congregation for the many ways in which it encourages me to develop spiritually; to hold sacred the human bonds which sometimes challenge us, to search for truth and meaning in a free and responsible way, to respect and celebrate the differences in those whose opinions don’t match my own, and to deepen my own understanding of the transcendent.