Next Sunday’s Service
- TRUU Auction
- Give me children, and I (and they) shall die January 20, 2020Kim Hampton As the fight over reproductive rights continues, not enough is being said about racial disparities in health care.
- The call of our faith January 20, 2020Nancy Palmer Jones, Karin Lin What in Unitarian Universalism’s central theology requires us to work toward building multicultural, antiracist Beloved Community?
- Faith in finance January 13, 2020Rachel V. Burlock Responsible investing means aligning your financial goals with your values.
- TRUU Auction 01/25/2020
- Join us for our TRUU Auction January 25. We have tropical getaways in exotic locales. Bid on wine tastings, raft trips, progressive dinners, art lessons, murder mystery parties, local restaurant [...]
- "On the Run with the Truth" - Rev. Laurie Bushbaum 01/26/2020
- 16th-century Unitarian theologian Michael Servetus was burned at the stake by another Protestant Reformer. Why? Over power and his daring to state the truth as he understood it, namely, that [...]
- Fellowship Service with Nicolette Toussaint & Susan Cashel 02/02/2020
- Join us for a Fellowship Service, led Nicolette Toussaint and Susan Cashel, this Sunday at 10 am in the Community Room at Third Street Center in Carbondale. Our popular and [...]
Why I Like TRUU…
Having been raised with no particular spiritual upbringing, I am grateful to have found this place where people are building a beloved community of compassion, justice and acceptance, both here and in the wider world. I love and am grateful to this congregation for the many ways in which it encourages me to develop spiritually; to hold sacred the human bonds which sometimes challenge us, to search for truth and meaning in a free and responsible way, to respect and celebrate the differences in those whose opinions don’t match my own, and to deepen my own understanding of the transcendent.