We Are Unitarian-Universalists
Next Sunday’s Service
- Fellowship Service on "Resilience" with Nicolette Toussaint, Live In-Person Service (no Zoom)
Join us for a Fellowship Service on the theme of "Resilience," led by Nicolette Toussaint this Sunday at 10 am in the Calaway Room at Third Street Center in Carbondale. Also known in UU circles as “covenant groups” and “chalice circles,” these services allow participants to reflect on and discuss significant life topics. This Sunday, we will reflect on the theme for this month, Resilience. (Note: This service will take place live in-person at Third [...]
Sunday Morning Services
In 2023, we'll also feature a lively line-up of guest speakers and our participatory fellowship services on other Sundays. Every 5th Sunday (when a month has one) is a Social Justice Sunday. Check upcoming services here.
Links for Sunday Zoom broadcasts are in our weekly newsletters; sign up with the blue Newsletter Signup button to right. For help getting into the Zoom meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why I Like TRUU…
I like how open-minded TRUU is. Like most Unitarian-Universalist congregations, nearly everyone comes from some other place, some other faith tradition. But they really listen to other views and are ready to update their viewpoints…
I also love how TRUU’s ministers come from really different backgrounds — Rev. Norris was once a prosecuting attorney!
This is a really fascinating group of people.
Upside-Down Solstice 12/18!
Our popular, public and participatory Solstice Celebration, is back! Join us for the "upside down" Solstice, where our nightime celebation takes place in the morning, and where the Worship Associate leads the service where the roles are all scrambled.
We will welcome back the sun with: a pagan ritual honoring the four cardinal directions, a children's Saturnalia story a wreath-and-wishes ritual, a bonfire, spiral dance, caroling and cookies.
Join us live and in-person, Dec. 18 at 10 am.
- 02/05/2023, Fellowship Service on "Resilience" with Nicolette Toussaint, Live In-Person Service (no Zoom)
- Join us for a Fellowship Service on the theme of "Resilience," led by Nicolette Toussaint this Sunday at 10 am in the Calaway Room at Third Street Center in Carbondale. [...]
- 02/07/2023, February Zoom Connection Circle
- Join us for our Ferbruary Zoom Connection Circle on Tuesday, February 7th from 7:00-8:00pm on Zoom. Our popular and participatory connection circles encourage participants to reflect on and discuss significant [...]
- 02/12/2023, "Resilient Love" by Rev. A.G. Norris, Music by Ellen Stapenhorst, Live In-Person Service (and on Zoom)
- IN-PERSON SAFETY: The Board has decided to require masks be worn for all in person services and events. We based this on the current surge of cases in the Tripledemic, [...]
The Rev. Aaron Norris
|TRUU welcomes the Reverend Aaron Norris to its pulpit twice a month. You will find the schedule for his in-person sermons under "Upcoming Events" at left. Rev. Norris services are also available via Zoom and live on TRUU's Facebook. An archive of recorded services will be found here. You will also find Rev. Norris' sermons among the TRUU services archived on Facebook.|
- Pump the Brakes: USPS Reverses Course on Fleet of Gas Trucks January 26, 2023Jeff MilchenTen months ago, we critiqued the ill-advised and damaging plan by U.S. Postmaster Louis DeJoy to purchase tens of thousands of gas-guzzling delivery trucks. We’re excited to report the USPS changed course.Jeff Milchen
- Achieving Reproductive Justice Requires Both Urgency and Patience January 19, 2023Jeff MilchenResponding to the effects of the June ruling that voided key elements of Roe v Wade requires us to build a lasting movement focused on cultural transformation and justice.Jeff Milchen
- Moment of Reflection: Generational Wealth December 26, 2022Atena O. DannerA poem by Atena O. Danner.Atena O. Danner