Next Sunday’s Service
Sunday Morning Services
The Rev. Aaron Norris
The Rev. Aaron Norris will be live at Third Street Center for our annual water communion on Sunday, Sept. 19. Learn more about Rev. Norris on this page. You can also watch our services on Facebook. Rev. Aaron will be joining us in person on the 2nd Sunday of each month through the 2021-22 church year. You can find the schedule for both in-person and online Sunday morning services in "Upcoming Events" directly below this paragraph.
Social Justice at TRUU
|TRUU's climate service mentioned a fossil fuel divestment petition to the City of Aspen; here's the link for it. In addition to holding monthly social justice services, TRUU works with Extended Table and participates in the Mountain Voices Project. We have used our parsonage to provide sanctuary. We also participate in campaigns of the Unitarian Universalist Association and the UU Service Committee.|
- Congregations adapt to evolving COVID guidance September 13, 2021Kat McKim As the Delta variant complicates plans for a return to in-person worship, congregations continue to explore a variety of models for being in community.
- An Ingathering Greeting from UUA President Susan Frederick-Gray September 2, 2021Susan Frederick-Gray There is great healing and sustaining power in our faith, even if the ways we gather look different than before.
- Widening the Circle of Concern, Together, to Upend White Supremacy August 23, 2021Heather Beasley Doyle Five central Illinois congregations collaborate, aided by a new UUA study/action guide.
- "Daughter of America" - Live Service, Nicolette Toussaint & Ellen Stapenhorst 10/24/2021
- On the occasion of Columbus Day, Nicolette Toussaint reflects on America's history from the viewpoint of someone who has recently discovered a secret kinship with people of color. "The Doctrine [...]
- Zoom Connection Circles with Judie Blanchard 10/31/2021
- Our popular and participatory connection circles encourage participants to reflect on and discuss significant life topics. Connection circles are great places to get to know others as well as yourself. [...]
- "Hollow Men" - Rev. Aaron Norris on Zoom 11/07/2021
- Our service this Sunday will be online via Zoom and Facebook. It will be a videotaped sermon, "The Hollow Men" by the Rev. Aaron Norris, accompanied by live music from [...]
Why I Like TRUU…
The most amazing group in Carbondale Colorado!! So blessed by knowing them.